Sunday, September 4, 2011

My Other Passion



Horses...ever since I was a kid, I've been in love with them... Draft Horses, Three and Five Gaited American Saddlebreds, Horse Racing and Three Day Eventing,..every breed of horse interests me, as well as how a breed developed and the role they played in history. As a kid, Saturday afternoons at the Griswold Farm found my sisters and I glued to the TV for live racing from Aqueduct Park in NY. We learned all about the racing greats and my most vivid memory was Secretariat winning the Belmont Stakes and the Triple Crown. I remember crying..and for some reason, I still cry when any horse finishes first..they have such heart and give it their all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V18ui3Rtjz4&feature=related

Photographing horses..

I've toyed with the idea of specializing in equine photography lately..here are a few images I really love

{This shot recently sold in an art show..}
.
I was never a rider {chickened out after a fall once},but my instructor told me I had wonderful hands and a nice manner around horses. I worked for vets and horse trainers who said the same thing. I know how a horses mind works and although I respect them greatly, I make sure they know who is in charge. I'm always calm and they respond. It helps when photographing them too!

I don't know where all this will lead...but stay tuned...











No comments:

Post a Comment