Saturday, December 3, 2011

O Christmas Tree

"The perfect Christmas tree? All Christmas trees are perfect! " ~Charles N. Barnard

For a large part of my adult life, I had to have a perfect Christmas tree.It had no gaping holes, was balanced and perfectly shaped...NO" Charlie Brown Tree" for me! In the last few years, I've changed my tune. Maybe it's an age thing,or maybe I just finally realized that in the big picture of life, a perfect tree just wasn't important.

As a child, our tree wasn't put up until Christmas eve and sometimes my father would take us up into the woods and cut our own. I'll always remember the year he flushed a woodcock from a tree he was cutting by the full moon..I can still see that bird so clearly... I think that was one of the craziest looking trees the Griswold family ever had.


Tonight, I brought home a perfectly imperfect Fraser Fir that smells divine and will look splendid when I finish decorating it. Lets hear it for imperfections!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful tree! Imperfections can bring us so much joy. I've been clicking around the blogosphere today and found this post, just in time for us to start thinking about Christmas 2012. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Love...boy, I really need to get back to this blog..:}

    ReplyDelete