Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Energy

“Goals provide the energy source that powers our lives. One of the best ways we can get the most from the energy we have is to focus it. That is what goals can do for us; concentrate our energy.”
Denis Waitley


I'm a pack rat...it seems to run in my family. Lately, I've been feeling a bit closed in with the clutter of "stuff" I've colllected in my half century of existence. I sometimes feel stagnant energy,especially in the sleeping quarters of my house.That could be one of the reasons I sleep so poorly.

This week, big changes have occurred. Although I'm finding it difficult to "let go" of "stuff", the ever logical me analyzed every bloody trinket, frame, clothes..you name it, and thought..will I ever wear or use this again? How many years has it been since I've picked this up..I don't remember owning this!..It's ridiculous how many possessions we accumulate. That does not define who we are!

Of course, the sentimental side of me {which is HUGE}, kept some things..I can't throw out every memory..a special letter or card I've received and as long as I vow to keep them in an album..they can stay..I admit reading all that stuff made me shed a tear and laugh hysterically more than a few times.

I now have a dozen boxes in assorted sizes filled with goodies someone will love to clutter their house with! I've only scratched the surface in the creating energy flow upstairs..but I can already feel it moving. The church I sing at Monday nights will be the recipient of those treasures for their Memorial Day tag sale.

My goal in the next two weeks is to finish the bedrooms and start on the books..I am SO focused!

LET THE ENERGY FLOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment